Vogue Girl Korea + QS


    voguegirl2.jpg picture by stylebook18voguegirl3.jpg picture by stylebook18
    voguegirl1-1.jpg picture by stylebook18


    While rifling through crappy shoulder-padded blazers and ugly grandma shoes the other day (bad thrifting), I got a call from my daddy who happily stated, "The Korean Vogue magazine came in!"... at first I thought, "Wow dad thanks for opening the damn package before me," but then I got really excited about the whole shebang and forgave him for being so nosey.

    Anyway, I feel very honored to be featured in the World Fashion Blogger article alongside other familiar/fabulous bloggers- so thank you Vogue Girl Korea! 

    Oh, and since I cannot read a single word in the magazine, here's the interview in English:

    1 Briefly introduce yourself. What’s
    your name? Birthday? Location? Job? I’m Karla Deras, I’m a full-time student, and I live in the dreary suburbs known as Simi Valley. Oh and my birthday is September 14th, 1989.

    2 When did you first blogging and why? Started it back in April 2008. I had developed a pretty intense addiction to some of my favorite style blogs, so that kind of inspired me to join the club and give the whole blogging thing a try.

    3 What is your signature style? Masculinity meets femininity. I’m usually donning something black whether it’s a pair of five inch platforms or a wool jumper with patterned leggings. I love experimenting with pieces I wouldn’t normally wear- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t (obviously), but it's all about having fun with it.

    4 When and how did you come about establishing your own style and look? I had this huge inspiration folder saved on my computer when I was in high school and I’d always emulate the looks with some of the pieces I owned (because not everyone owns an ostrich-feathered coat or a Birkin bag). Through countless attempts of trying to recreate other people’s looks, I think it challenged me to find my “own” style.

    5 What is your fashion/styling rule? It’s better to be overdressed then underdressed!

    6 Explain how you get dressed in the morning, step by step.
    Tough question because I’ve never actually evaluated my “getting dressed in the morning” process. If I have school early in the morning, I usually just pick what I’m going to wear the night before (because I can’t make reasonable styling choices while half-awake). On the days that I don't go to school, I just open the closet doors and stare into space for about 5 minutes until I find something to wear that day.

    7 What is your key fashion item? A deteriorating black wool blazer. I just get so much wear out of it.

    8 And what’s your favorite way of styling the item? I like pairing it with my vintage Escada belt- it’s like the most convenient way of wearing it.

    9 Explain how you mix and max color palette. Don’t have any rules- I like mixing pale colors with black and I always love adding cobalt blue to any color palette (I love cobalt blue).

    10 Who’s your fashion icon and why? Audrey Hepburn is my number one lover!

    11 Where do you shop? What are some of your favorite shops and why? I shop everywhere. My favorite place ever would probably be the Fairfax flea market. I like wandering around aimlessly and finding hidden treasures buried underneath gingham-printed coats that smell like old men.

    12 What are some things you keep in mind when you shop? Do you have any shopping rules? I make a list of items to keep a look out for- that usually keeps me focused, because otherwise I’ll end up buying stuff I won’t wear.

    13 What’s your most recent purchase? Can you give any tips on how to wear it? A pair of Bebe lavender platform wedges. I would give tips, but I’m not quite sure how I’m going to wear them myself!

    14 What’s your favorite show from 2009 S/S collection? Has this show affected the way you dress in
    any way? Currently obsessing over Armand Basi’s S/S 2009 collection. I’ve been inspired to design a pretty skirt with an exaggerated peplum.

    15 If you can buy one item for the summer, what would it be?
    That forest green silk-gathered jumpsuit from the Chloe S/S 2009 collection!


    xo, Karla