The Last Straw

    gr15-1.jpg picture by stylebook18gr12-1.jpg picture by stylebook18

    Been out of the loop lately, and yes, I'm about to give you the usual excuse... I'm busy with finals.

     One of my final projects is to come up with my own clothing company and design a summer or fall line. I was really excited when I was given the assignment, but it has become quite stressful due to the amount of work it takes to actually put the line into production- cost sheets, spec sheets, color stories, fabric choice, even if the concept behind the line was difficult to put together (but that's only because I had about a million different directions I wanted it to go in). I ended up drawing inspiration from Dries Van Noten A/W 09 strange color combinations and the shapes, lines, and volume from the Balenciaga S/S 08 show:
    Dries

    Dries Van Noten Fall 2009 Ready-to-WearDries Van Noten Fall 2009 Ready-to-Wear

    Balenciaga

    Balenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-WearBalenciaga Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear

    Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this project- it totally made me excited about creating my own line in the future.

    Wearing vintage bateau neckline dress, vintage emerald green bag, Vinnie Day sun disc earrings from Astley Clarke