Kristian Aadnevik

    kristian.jpg picture by stylebook18

    Gawking over these pieces from Kristian's S/S 09 collection has officially confirmed that fluorescent colors totally have the potential to be worn elegantly and without looking like I'm on my way to some sort of rave. Quite frankly, I've never been one to lust over anything multi-colored, patterned, overly bold etc., but now I sit here in a quiet room imagining the cobalt blue bandage dress with an army green fur-trimmed parka, opaque tights, and an oversized clutch- which could possibly qualify as the perfect ensemble for a random dinner date with my boyfriend. 

    I definitely think Mr. Aadnevik's collection deserves a little recognition for the way he combined elements such as delicate chiffon dresses with structured leather bodices and metallic armor-like embellishments. He's done such an incredible job of convincing me that crazily bright colors are indeed precious, and for that, he holds a special place in my heart.