Playing around with: Gold Sequins

    Polyvore totally depresses me. Want to know why? Because it's makes me believe that I own all these absolutely fabulous pieces, when really it's all just an imaginary closet. So, completely swooned over the colored alligator clutches, Miu Miu dresses, beaded cuffs, and Nicholas Kirkwood platforms, I realized that if I just accept the fact that I'll never own any of the stuff in "My Items", then soon enough I'll be able to move on with life. 

    Anyway, I decided to pick some sort of theme to play around with and came up with "shimmery gold sequins". When I think of gold sequins, I visualize a platinum blonde girl with acrylics, luscious curls (and not in a very enticing way), and orange skin. So given the fact that such embellishments can be considered awfully tacky, I decided to start messing around with gold sequined pieces, trying to make them look somewhat modern, and well, somewhat ME.



    Picture4-2.png picture by stylebook18

    Antik Batik Erin mini dress, Nicholas Kirkwood platforms, Penti Victoria patterned backseam tights, Linda Farrow vintage 1950's sunglasses, and Ralph Lauren emerald green crocodile clutch



    Picture8.png picture by stylebook18

    Miu Sequined peep toe platforms, Topshop black shearling coat, Miu Miu corset mini dress, Stella McCartney garter belt, Nordstrom sheer thigh high stockings, and Carlos Falchi alligator clutch

    Picture6-4.png picture by stylebook18

    Topshop gold sequins harlequin shorts, Hue opaque tights, La Garconne slouchy knit sweater, YSL tribute platforms, and OPI bright red nail color