Inspired by Audrey

    Photobucket

    Photobucket


    I felt very Breakfast at Tiffany's today. I wore a classic black dress that reminded me of Audrey. I remember the day I rented a bunch of Audrey classic films and was completely captivated by Hepburn's strong sense of character that she exuded in the clothes she wore. At that specific moment, she became my role model. A role model who was not emblematic of men's fantasies, but rather her own. A role model who crafted heroines who were courageous, vulnerable, beautiful, and strong both in their manner and in their way of dress. Audrey's personal style was a result of her unwillingness to compromise with society's standards and rather focus on what is real. That is what made me realize that I don't have to dress for anyone but myself. What I wear is symbolic of how I view myself as a woman. Miss Hepburn broadened my definition of beauty and offered an unsubmissive, strong, and less blatantly sexual model. To put it simple, Audrey Hepburn was not only a style icon, but a heroine. 

    dress-zara
    tights-target
    shoes-louboutins (again)